Thursday, August 28, 2014

Lovely Tangle?

This blog started out as an outlet for some of my more confused, anxious, and conflicted thoughts which, inevitably, turned into prayer-like discussions and rants with my Lord and best Friend. For the record, I'm certain that I have never audibly yelled at God. I won't say I haven't been tempted to. There is truly a fine faint line between contemplation and action when it comes to things we want to say to God and what we actually verbalize. The reason it's that, to His attentive ears and eyes, they are pretty much one and the same.

So this blog was born kind of flailing and screaming into this crazy world that is my life. My good husband and dear children have been both the inspiration and instigation of the open and honest words that I write here and, oftentimes, bravely share with you. Just think of it as me letting you eavesdrop on my conversations with Jesus. He doesn't mind and, most of the time, neither do I.

The thing one is likely to notice within a moment of reading is that I'm not a skilled devotional writer. I truly adore and admire anyone who can deftly apply scripture to their life experiences and make it relatable to the entire planetful of humans. My abilities lie elsewhere, and I would genuinely appreciate notification if anyone were to discover where that might be!

So, there you have it, not the best description of a blog you may have had the pleasure of reviewing, but it's what it is. A lovely tangle of partially woven strands of life, emotion, experiences, memories, understandings, and grapplings. And, most importantly, this is my earnest cry: Lord, help me!

Glory

No comments:

Post a Comment