Monday, February 3, 2014

There I go again...

Today is my "day off." And in true careless and purposeless fashion I let myself wander and take a mental stroll through social media-ville. This wasn't exactly my first mistake and it certainly wasn't going to be my last. Not a sinful thing but likely a foolishness that leads to sin, thing.

I read some stuff. I saw some words. I got upset.

Yes, it happened again. Sometimes on this road to recovery from Approval Addiction aka People Pleasing I hit a bump. Hard. An ego-sized pothole that feels like I'm going to break something. Like pride? Personal value?

*sigh*

So, out of the blue it dawns on me. Like bright glaring sunlight through my gloomy woe-is-me party-of-one.

I read the wrong stuff. I saw the wrong words. I got off track.

Oh dear. This means I've got some damage-control duty, huh? Again...

"You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!" Isaiah 26:3 (NLT)

Lord, I do trust in You and want to fix my thoughts on You. Give me Your perfect peace, now. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment